Sunday, July 6, 2008

Singing

I love singing and I have been to so many teachers. None of them is good except my present teacher. Singing is indeed a tedious and expensive hobby and it is a long road to travel. But once you are hooked, you won't stop. I will never stop and I will sing till my last breath.


I don't mind spending money on singing as I don't travel. I see so many people singing for so long, and yet they don't want to go under a teacher. If you don't spend money, how can you acquire the techniques. Once you acquire the techniques, they are yours forever and no one can take it away from you. Knowledge is indeed very important.


I remembered once a teacher told me that you can sing for 10 years, but if you don't learn under a teacher, your standard of singing is still the same after 10 years. I had seen people singing every week, the standard is still the same, as they lack the knowledge of holding or sustaining the air while singing. It is such a pity.


I am not good or a born singer, but I have perserverance and patient. I learn and learn and learn. Once a week, my teacher will nag or scold me for one hour. After that I have to pay him school fees. But it is worth it, as I dare say I can now sing with confidence. Once a DJ remarked that my teacher must be very good to be able to teach me to sing so well. Mind you, he is not praising me, but praising my teacher instead!


Singing is a good form of exercise, as you exercise your lung. And further, it makes you happy.
No matter how stupid you are, you can still sing one day if you give it a try. As I am the testimony of one who is stone deaf and can't read Mandarin words. Initially, I really suffer and struggle. After giving out so many efforts, I am now reaping the harvest. Yet, I am not satisfied, I will continue learning for another year or so.

No comments: